Kasar Devi is a dream. A hidden gem in Indias vast tableau of mystery & Beauty.It is everything to the discerning eye. Mysterious joy –enducing relaxing, yogic ancient and delightful.
Its been a ground for many sages poets and intellectuals.A sanctuary where they have sought awe, inspiration and the warmth of the simple and endearing village people.
Swami Vivekananda used to meditate here at the Kasar Devi temple on whose namesake the village has its nom. Robert Thurman( Hollywood Star Uma Thurmans Father) did his deep Tibetan Buddhism practices here Timothy O Leary, Allen Ginsburg Bob Dylan Shunyata and Anandamayee Ma are said to be some of the other greats who had spent time here.
Immerse yourself in Himalayan village life. A delight for someone who appreciates natural beauty, spacious lands and living. For people who revel in the unlimited, the limitless.
- Visiting the millennia old Jageshwar & Dandeshwar temples Moksha Ashram
- Lush drives & incredible beauty of the Kumaon mountains.
- Short treks & Walks to the Waterfall; The Wish-fullfilling tree & lone Baba.
- Seeing the work of the Panchahuli Women Weavers Union.
- Village life & Homestays.
- Meeting the Founders of SOS Organics, and seeing their factory work.
- Visit to Anandamyee Ma’s ashram Kasar Devi temple at Sunset over-looking the glittering Almora town.
- Meals with some local families-Bonfires- 2 Spiritual Movie Screenings
* Also Haidakhan Ashram, for 3 nights if the guests would like to extend the tour.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for the full itinerary.