Dharamkot is a charming hamlet above McLeod Ganj, where the Dalai Lama lives. A semi-large village spread across a few mountains, it houses the Gaddi people, a formidable community who have been shephers for many centuries, along with many short and long-term visitors. The kind of place that sinks into ones Being. We offer activities that we believe lead one to have a truly in-house Dharamkot experience, whilst allowing time for Joy & Solitutde. Think Spacey village life, with lots of amazing modern & spiritual stuff to do. A little Indian Bali type atmosphere, perhaps or Aussie Byron Bay.
The extension of this tour is a 2-3 night stop at Andretta, well-known for pottery, folk culture. This is where you get to stay in a fancy british guesthouse, while Dharamkot, we sneak into simple but alluring Village homestays.
For anyone, who wants a more comprehensive time in the lower Himalayas, be in some action, laugh, meet, write, chillout.
- Meditation at world renowned Tibetan Center
- Work with Tibetan refugees
- Immersion and witnessing of Indian Himalayan Village life with the gaddis.
- 1-2 day optional hike into Triund, and sleeping under bright nightskies.
- Visiting the Dalai Lama Temple, Meeting his Holiness The karmapa if he is there, and a little peek into the Gyuto Tantric Monastery.
- Visit to Shri Chinmayas Ashram( Where he left the body)
- 1 hour service by volunteering into a conversation class with Tibetan refugees.
- Organic & Sattvic Food.
- Nightwalk under the skies in the village
- Screening of 2 spiriutal movies.
- Your ‘Me” time.
- Optional Yoga & Massages available in the local area.
- Shopping at Mc Leod Ganj Market.
- Ext: Andretta: Pottery, fancy homestay, Pretty-esque.